Michael Hu is managing director and partner at Boston Consulting Group (BCG), serving as a core member of the Consumer and Operations practices. Michael’s focus for the last 14 years has been working with CPG and retailers in the areas of digital supply chain and operations, supply chain innovation, and eCommerce fulfillment to enable growth and improve margins.
Example of Michael’s recent experiences include:
- Collaborating with a leading fast food restaurant on digital supply chain transformation to improve operator experience and unlock capacity
- Advised a micro-fulfillment automation company on its future growth strategy
- Worked with a beverage CPG on digital S&OE planning to drive service level and revenue growth
- Helped gaming retailer accelerate E-Commerce value creation (from front of funnel to fulfillment and customer care operations)
- Led E-Commerce tech fulfillment due diligence for several private equity firms
Before joining BCG, Michael was a partner at Kearney. He also spent a few years early in his career designing Big Data algorithms for cancer genomics at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Harvard Medical School), and at Caprion Biosciences.
In addition to his client work, Michael is also passionate about intellectual capital and thought leadership. He has written and presented at various venues such as The World Economic Forum and MIT Sloan Management Review.
In his spare time, Michael enjoys global travel, history, cuisine, photography (see flickr travel shots) and book collecting.